Filter, Tunable Cavities
SLS has developed a range of specialty housed cavities easy to use for common application needs in spectroscopy and laser cooling. These unique cavity devices are representative of the capabilities leveraged by our expertise in optical cavity mounting, stabilization, design, and coupling. SLS can design a custom housed cavity for your specific application and research needs.
Fiber Coupled Filter Cavities
Ideal for filtering laser noise and non-signal wavelengths, the compact fiber-in-fiber-out cavities arrive ready to connect. These easy to use, robust assemblies are built to your specification in a vacuum, hermetic, or custom housing,
- FSRs from 1 GHz to 500 GHz
- Finesse from 100 – 300 000 available depending on desired operational wavelength
- Throughput on resonance > 85% with extinction of >55 dB at 1550 nm
- Watt level input powers possible
While many frequency tunable cavities compromise frequency stability for the convenience of tunability, our design is optimized for long-term stability at the MHz/day level. Well-suited as a frequency reference for cooling transitions for ions, these cavities are tunable over ~ 3 GHz (2 × FSR).
- Exceptionally low drift: < 3 MHz/day
- Two stage temperature control with temperature controllers included
- Ion pump included, typically shipped under vacuum
Folded “Z” Cavities
These cavities have been designed to provide a long path length in a small volume by using a folded optical path. They are ideally suited for ring-down and other resonant spectroscopic techniques where small sample size and rapid sample turnover is desired. Pictured is the vacuum enclosure for a triangular folded Fabry-Perot cavity, with two optical ports and one electrical feed through visible.
- Long path length to facilitate lower FSR
- Robust design with a reduced footprint