Specialty Housed Cavities
Stable Laser Systems has developed a range of specialty housed cavities as easy to use, off-the-shelf solutions for common application needs in spectroscopy and laser cooling. These unique cavity devices can be used as a starting point for custom work, and are representative of the capabilities leveraged by our expertise in optical cavity mounting, stabilization, design, and coupling. If our standard offerings don’t match your needs, please contact us – we enjoy a challenge, and can design a custom housed cavity for your specific application.
Fiber Coupled Cavities
Ideal for laser or comb filtering spectroscopy, our compact fiber-in, fiber-out cavities arrive ready to connect. These easy to use, robust assemblies are built to your specification in a vacuum, hermetic, or custom housing. These fiber-in, fiber-out cavities act as an elegant filter, and are intended by their design to be for applications such as laser or comb filtering spectroscopy assembly, or as an intermediate level short-term frequency reference.
- < 1.5 dB fiber to fiber loss
- Variety of specialized fiber types and coupling options
- FSRs from 3 GHz to 50 GHz (10 GHz often in stock for quick turn)
- Options: polarization-maintaining, PZT tuning, integrated heater, absolute frequency
While many frequency tunable cavities compromise frequency stability for the convenience of tunability, our design is optimized for long-term stability at the MHz/day level. Well-suited as a frequency reference for cooling transitions for ions, these cavities are tunable over ~ 3 GHz (2 × FSR).
- Exceptionally low drift: < 3 MHz/day
- Two stage temperature control with temperature controllers included
- Ion pump included, typically shipped under vacuum
Folded “Z” Cavities
These cavities have been designed to provide a long path length in a small volume by using a folded optical path. They are ideally suited for ring-down and other resonant spectroscopic techniques where small sample size and rapid sample turnover is desired. Pictured is the vacuum enclosure for a triangular folded Fabry-Perot cavity, with two optical ports and one electrical feed through visible.
- Long path length to facilitate lower FSR
- Robust design with a reduced footprint